Scotland, the setting of world-famous movies, historic castles, traditional Highland games, countryside and beautiful lochs, 11,000 kms of coastline, parks & gardens…. the place for stylish shopping and the perfect stage for new and exciting events. Scotland’s nature and geography will take your breath away.
Enjoy a walk along one of Scotland’s picturesque, meandering waterways where pristine rivers and lochs, full of wild salmon and trout, contribute to the breathtaking scenery. For those with green-fingers, take a stroll around one of the many beautiful award-winning gardens found across the country.
With miles upon miles of scenic landscape and a wealth of wildlife splendour, take your time to appreciate the beauty of this wild and untamed land.
The many regions of Scotland are distinct in their uniqueness
Stay at the world class golf hotels or the country house hotels or castles and when it comes to sheer glamour, no ride on rails compares with a trip on The Royal Scotsman the world’s most luxurious railway train
Simply Scotland :
- Be welcomed at Edinburgh and voyage around Scotland by your chauffeur/guide …. Take in a panoramic tour – see the Georgian New Town, characterised by its striking architecture, which is restrained, elegant and ordered with formal gardens and statues and thus provides a splendid foil to the famed Old Town.
- Select your accommodation from either the 5* Balmoral , the flagship property Edinburgh is best explored on foot and spend the second day exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Old Town, characterised by its narrow closes and cobbled streets. Visit the Castle, sitting high above the city on its volcanic rock, highlights start as soon as you step on the Esplanade.
- Continue down, to the most famous streets in the world, the Royal Mile and visit also the magnificent baroque Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of HM, The Queen and the Royal Family whilst in Scotland.
- Head for the beautiful and ancient town of St Andrews often called the “home of golf” and a “must see”. It is now of course firmly rooted in history as the place where it all began for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, “Wills and Kate”, whilst studying
- Thereafter head north to Glamis Castle, the ancestral home of the Strathmore family for over 600 years but is perhaps best known as the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. Highlights are numerous but in particular and unique to Glamis are the Royal Apartments. They constitute a suite of rooms arranged by the 13th Countess of Strathmore following the marriageof her daughter, Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, into the Royal Family in 1923.
- Arrive at Gleneagles and as the saying goes, “There are many beautiful places in the world. There are many great hotels. There are many famous golf courses and resorts. There is only one Gleneagles”. Spend the day enjoying this resort – the opportunities are endless and very much allow you to do “your day, your way”.
- Visit the Equestrian School, one of the most impressive riding facilities in Europe – learn the ropes of scurry driving or carriage driving and travel back in time and enjoy the style and elegance of sheer luxury travel or possibly learn a skill or two at polo.
- Spend time on the end of a golf club, fishing rod, gun barrel, riding rein or falconer’s glove. Take time and indulge in the Spa, swim in the pools, reinvigorate yourself in the Jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish bath or outdoor hot pool.
The tour ends…with a princely elevation of senses…
Aberdeen City and Shire – is also home to Scotland’s only dedicated Castle Trail which lets you explore 17 of the area’s finest castles, each with its own unique story to tell.
Edinburgh & TheLothians…..Edinburgh, inspiring capital of Scotland, where centuries of history meet a vibrant, cosmopolitan city in an unforgettable setting. Discover stunning scenery, striking architecture and fine food, and beautiful coast and countryside in the nearby Lothians. From the world’s festival capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site to world-class visitor attractions and exhilarating outdoor pursuits, Edinburgh &TheLothians is a must-visit on anyone’s list.
Greater Glasgow & The Clyde Valley…Discover Glasgow, Scotland’s city of style, where you can find world-class attractions, museums and galleries, stunning architecture, works by renowned designer and artist Charles Rennie Mackintosh, and one of the best city centre shopping experiences in the UK. Beyond the city, you’ll find lush countryside, great family days out and a wealth of fascinating history as you follow the path of the River Clyde.
The Highlands..really is the Scotland of your imagination, a beautiful and inspiring region of ancient landscapes with a fascinating history. Witness the amazing wildlife and take part in some thrilling outdoor pursuits. Explore the many mountains and glens, the stunning islands and stretches of coastline and follow the country’s only Malt Whisky Trail.
Loch Lomond, The Trossachs& The Forth Valley..Welcome to a region steeped in legend, folklore and history. The serene snow-capped peaks, glimmering lochs and sheltered forests of Loch Lomond, The Trossachs &The Forth Valley have inspired great heroes and artists alike. ..findanimated city life and bustling creative towns and villages nestled alongside the tranquil setting of Scotland’s first National Park.
The Outer Hebrides..30 miles off the north west coast of Scotland lies the Outer Hebrides, an idyllic island chain that sits on the edge of Europe. Picture a paradise of powder white beaches and Atlantic waves, dark moorland and epic mountains, amazing wildlife and a rich and vibrant culture.
Perthshire is renowned for the beauty of its landscape known as ‘Big Tree Country. With remarkable trees, spectacular autumnal colours and some of the finest formal gardens in Europe, the region’s scenery is awe-inspiring at any time of the year. Described by Sir Walter Scott as ‘the fairest portion of the Northern Kingdom’,
The Scottish Borders Fall under the spell of the beauty and enthralling history of the Scottish Borders. Discover a gentler pace of life amid the sweeping valleys, emerald forests and heather-clad moorlands of this outstanding part of the world. Scottish Borders will captivate you from the moment you arrive.
Shetland ..Discover a unique blend of Scandinavian and Scottish culture in this stunning archipelago of more than 100 islands, 200 kms off the north coast of Scotland. Uncover ancient history combined with diverse landscapes, incredible geology, fascinating wildlife, world-renowned archaeology and many fantastic events and festivals.